For the Crust
6 ounces crispy gingersnap cookies (see note below)
1/2 teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons salted Challenge Butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
2 8-ounce packages Challenge Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons orange zest
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Topping
1 cup homemade cranberry sauce
Steps to prepare:
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the gingersnap cookies and pumpkin pie spice. Pulse the machine until the cookies form crumbs. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter, mix until combined. Press crumbs onto the bottoms of individual serving dishes - about 2 heaping tablespoons per dish.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and orange zest for about 3 minutes. Add in vanilla extract and beat an additional minute. Pipe or spoon cheesecake filling into individual serving dishes, directly onto the prepared crust layers.
3. Cover cheesecakes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Before serving, top with cranberry sauce.
- I used 30 Archway Crispy Gingersnap Cookies
- Cranberry Cheesecakes can be stored cover and in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Individual glass dishes were purchased from Pier 1. Spoons are from The Vintage Pearl.